The width of the spacers should not be smaller than the width of the bearings. For paired bearings, both rings should be surfaceground in one processing step to ensure the same width. We are happy to offer you suitable spacers for your specific application.
Technical advantages of paired bearings fitted with spacers:
- Larger clamping surface gives higher permissible moment load.
- Improved heat dissipation from the bearing.
- Easier implementation of the oil-air supply.
Shims are mainly used to compensate axial manufacturing tolerances. HQW shims are characterised by the following properties:
- Corrosion resistant steel (1.4310 / AISI 301).
- Heat treated.
- Burr-free and highest quality surface.
HQW wave spring washers are mainly used for the axial preload of ball bearings. Using HQW wave spring washers, a well-defined preload force is generated on the bearing.
In the production of HQW wave spring washers, high precision punching tools are used. For special applications with particular preload tolerances, it is also possible to achieve a subsequent calibration and a better defined spring characteristic (setting process).
HQW wave spring washers are characterized by the following properties:
- Corrosion resistant steel (1.4310 / AISI 301)
- Heat treated
- Burr-free and highest quality surface
Our wave spring washers are triple waved as standard, and thus ensure uniform support during the axial preload of bearings.