Angular Contact Ball Bearings
Characterised as a bearing with one shoulder removed, angular contact ball bearings allow for higher loads and speeds due to the higher ball capacity.
Single row angular contact ball bearings support thrust loads in one direction and are often used in machine tool spindles. At very high speeds, these bearings can simultaneously absorb high radial forces and single direction axial forces.
- Materials – Corrosion-resistant steel alloys are typically used for the rings and ceramic (silicon nitride) balls can be incorporated for high speed or demanding applications.
- Seals – Sealed configurations are available for protection against contamination or where lifetime lubrication is a requirement.
- Contact Angle – Angular contact ball bearings from HQW are available with different contact angles.
- Preload – Bearings can be preloaded in back to back (DB), face to face (DF) or in a tandem (DT) arrangement depending on the application requirements. Universal bearings which can be paired in any arrangement are also available.
- Tolerances – Miniature bearings from HQW can meet ABEC9 (ISO P2) standards where required