Automation & Industry
Since the introduction of the Ford production line over 100 years ago, the manufacturing industry has embraced the concept of automation.
The use of robotics and automation technology for production and assembly continues to increase rapidly and presents a particular set of challenges for bearing technology, requiring accuracy, efficiency and reliability as standard. Away from the production line, specialist applications, such as robotics used in surgical applications or nuclear facilities, all require bearings of the highest precision. HQW bearings are designed to meet these challenges and our engineering team offer support across all aspects of bearing selection.
HQW robotic and automation bearings offer:
- High levels of rotational accuracy and designed for smooth running.
- A range of over 300 lubricants, offering the perfect selection for any environment.
- ABEC 7/9 (ISO P4/P2) tolerance standards.
- Long life and reliable performance.
- Manufacture from highly corrosive-resistant materials, such as high nitrogen steel (X30CrMoN15-1 (HQW designation SV30), for harsh environments.
- A range of sealing options to ensure protection from contaminants and retain lubrication.
- Very low running friction and wear properties.
- Miniature bearings with bore sizes from 3mm and thin section bearings available.
Typical robotic and automation applications include:
- Industrial robots, including automotive production
- Chemical processing industries
- Food and beverage production
- Surgical robotic equipment
- Personal robots
- Sensing, measurement and testing equipment
- Dispensing systems